Your four required Personal Statements should be numbered and clearly written. Selection committees prefer to see your Personal Statements in this format for consistency in evaluation.
- Draft responses for the required OSAC Personal Statements in a word processing program, such as Microsoft Word.
- Use correct grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling.
- Use spell check and have someone proof your Personal Statements.
- Let your Personal Statements tell your story. Show the “unique” you.
- Do not recreate your Activities Chart when answering question # 4.
- Your Personal Statements should not exceed 1000 characters including spaces (approximately 150-170 words).
- Attach answers to your presentation and print a hard copy for your portfolio.
Draft your OSAC Personal Statements in Word (or similar program), use the spell check, and have someone proof them.
FOUR REQUIRED PERSONAL STATEMENTS:
- Explain your career aspirations and your educational plan to meet these goals.
- Describe a challenge or obstacle you faced in the last ten years. What did you learn about yourself from this experience?
- Describe a personal accomplishment and the strengths and skills you used to achieve it.
- Explain how you have helped your family or made your community a better place to live. Please provide specific examples.