- Writing Assignment: Due Friday, November 17th, 2017
- If you finish, please:
AGENDA: Weeks 1-6
6-Week Assessment: Please click on the red link and complete this assignment. Feel free to use notes and reference online resources. But, please be honest when I ask you questions about attendance and the source of the information in your responses.
- Theme: Lesson or truth about life revealed in a story or poem.
- Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
- Existence is harsh, so be prepared.
- Aristotle’s Ideas About Tragedy
- Batman Begins:
- “Film” Review
- Ethos, Pathos, Logos
- Aristotelian Tragic Hero: Traits
- Great Sphinx Mystery
- Exposition / Persuasion
- Crash Course – Oedipus Rex
- Put your name and proper heading at the top of a loose sheet of paper. A proper heading is located in the upper right-hand corner of your document/page and includes:
- First and last name
- The date (October 3, 2017)
- Your school
- 4j student ID
- Put the title of the assignment in the upper left-hand corner of the assignment.
Assignment Option 1: Are You Prepared for the Big One?
- Please read this informational editorial from The Register Guard and write a five paragraph essay that answers the question, “are you prepared for the big one” using complete sentences and thoughts. The essay should introduce the following:
- Summary and introduction to the article.
- Specific information about the threat.
- How many of the survival items listed in the article are already at your house.
- What you will need to get to be more prepared.
- Whether you think this is an important thing to think about and prepare for.
Assignment Option 2: Principles of Wilderness Survival, Human Psychology
- Principles of Wilderness Survival: What It Means To Be Human (Physically) – When you click on this link, you will be transported to an mp3 file recorded by wilderness survival expert Tim Smith of the Jack Mountain Bushcraft organization. Please take notes on his lecture. He will cover the fundamental elements of what it takes to keep the human body going in an emergency survival situation. Please:
- Take detailed notes about what you need to know, what you need to do, and what you need to have to survival a difficult situation.
- Please listen to this lecture using headphones. You may work at your own pace.
- This will take just under an hour.
- Write an essay focusing on what you need to KNOW, DO, and CARRY in a survival situation.
Assignment Option 3: Choose Your Adventure.
- Choose something that you want to research. Dive in. Scour the internet for information, sources, anything. YouTube, websites, podcasts, books, etc.
- Take very complete notes on each resource you find related to your topic. Record the source (write down the URL and title of resource) and take notes on the following:
- Information presented (main ideas, key points and concepts)
- Your evaluation of quality
- Positive Aspects
- Negative Aspects
The Psychology of Evil.
- The Psychology of Evil: When you finish the assignments above, please click on this link and take notes on the video.
- What Is A Human Being? – Some say that humans are complicated beings. Others say that we are a simple species and easy to figure out. Take into consideration:
- The physical nature of human existence,
- The psychological nature of human existence,
- The spiritual nature of human existence,
- The social nature of human existence, and
- Your feelings about the trajectory, purpose, and potential future of our species.
What It Means To Be Human
- The Three Essentials
- Principles of Wilderness Survival
- Dependent Origination
- Three Marks of Existence
- Spirit (Essence)
Humanity In The 21st Century
- Will Humanity Survive The 21st Century?
- Where Has 100 Generations of Human Life on This Planet Brought Us?
- A Dramatic Doomsday Warning To The World
- “I Don’t Want To Live In A Society That Does These Sort of Things”
- The Question Concerning Technology
- Does A Child Die of Hunger Every 10 Seconds?
- Baby Monkey
- Blue Eyes / Brown Eyes
- Freudian Theory of Mind
- The Psychology of Evil
- The Power Principal
American History Revisited
- Government Explained
- The Trajectory of Empires
The Question Concerning Conspiracy
- The Speech That Killed A President
- 10 Nefarious Conspiracies Proven True
- New World Order
- War Is A Racket
- Investigate 9/11
- Don’t Watch This Film
- The Oneness of Humanity
- Beyond Religion
- Life Without Water
- The Pentagon of Power – The Myth of the Machine
- War Is A Racket
- Crash Course Philosophy
- Soul Pancake