- Greatest Films and Series, EVER.
- Theme: Lesson or truth about life revealed in a story or poem.
- Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
- Existence is harsh, so be prepared.
- The History of Batman
- Christopher Nolan
- Batman Begins:
- Vigilante: A member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
- Aristotelian Tragedy:
- The Hero’s Journey:
- Freudian Personality Traits
- Id, Ego, Superego
- Conscious / Unconscious
- Social Influence
- The Dark Knight:
- Human Nature According to Joker
- Who Said It?
- “There’s a scene in the beginning in which the gang leaders of Gotham are meeting … These are men who had the city divided up. They were thugs, but there was a kind of order. Everyone had his turf. And then the Joker comes in and lights the whole city on fire. ISIS is the Joker. It has the capacity to set the whole region on fire. That’s why we have to fight it.”
- The Dark Knight is “a paean of praise to the fortitude and moral courage that has been shown by George W. Bush in this time of terror and war.”
- The Dark Knight “offers up a lot of moralistic waffle about how we must hug a terrorist – okay, I exaggerate. At its heart, however, is a long and tedious discussion about how individuals and society must never abandon the rule of law in struggling against the forces of lawlessness. In fighting monsters, we must be careful not to become monsters – that sort of thing. The film champions the anti-war coalition’s claim that, in having a war on terror, you create the conditions for more terror. We are shown that innocent people died because of Batman – and he falls for it.”
- Ethos, Pathos, Logos
- Choose: Type or Write
- Put your name and proper heading at the top of your document. Proper headings are located in the upper right-hand corner of documents/pages and include:
- First and last name
- The date (January 19, 2018)
- School name
- 4j student ID
- Put the title of the assignment in the upper left-hand corner of the document.
- Answer the required question.
- Select one of the options in the “Student Choice” section.
- Hand-in your assignment by the end of the period.
Assignment 1: Freud & The Dark Knight Short Paragraph Answers.
- The objective of this assignment is to completely answer the questions using complete sentences. You may only write one paragraph for each question. Your challenge is to provide complete answers using the fewest words and sentences possible. You must define everything that needs definition and provide a complete explanation/justification for your responses. Evidence is key, but follow the kilt rule.
- Which character (in the two films we have seen thus far) best fits Freud’s definition of ID? Explain. Use the definition in your explanation.
- Which character best fits Freud’s definition of EGO?
- Which character best represents Freud’s definition of SUPEREGO?
- OR DO AN ALTERNATIVE ASSIGNMENT
Assignment 2: Are You Prepared for the Big One?
- Please read this informational editorial from The Register Guard and write a five paragraph essay that answers the question, “are you prepared for the big one” using complete sentences and thoughts. The essay should introduce the following:
The Psychology of Evil.
- The Psychology of Evil: When you finish the assignments above, please click on this link and take notes on the video.
- What Is A Human Being? – Some say that humans are complicated beings. Others say that we are a simple species and easy to figure out. Take into consideration:
- The physical nature of human existence,
- The psychological nature of human existence,
- The spiritual nature of human existence,
- The social nature of human existence, and
- Your feelings about the trajectory, purpose, and potential future of our species.
What It Means To Be Human
- The Three Essentials
- Principles of Wilderness Survival
- Dependent Origination
- Three Marks of Existence
- Spirit (Essence)
Humanity In The 21st Century
- Will Humanity Survive The 21st Century?
- Where Has 100 Generations of Human Life on This Planet Brought Us?
- A Dramatic Doomsday Warning To The World
- “I Don’t Want To Live In A Society That Does These Sort of Things”
- The Question Concerning Technology
- Does A Child Die of Hunger Every 10 Seconds?
- Baby Monkey
- Blue Eyes / Brown Eyes
- Freudian Theory of Mind
- The Psychology of Evil
- The Power Principal
American History Revisited
- Government Explained
- The Trajectory of Empires
The Question Concerning Conspiracy
- The Speech That Killed A President
- 10 Nefarious Conspiracies Proven True
- New World Order
- War Is A Racket
- Investigate 9/11
- Don’t Watch This Film
- The Oneness of Humanity
- Beyond Religion
- Life Without Water
- The Pentagon of Power – The Myth of the Machine
- War Is A Racket
- Crash Course Philosophy
- Soul Pancake